Our new phonelines are taking time to connect calls
It is taking about 3 minutes for calls to get through to us on our new phonelines. When you ring us, the phone will ring for a while but please wait, we will answer. You can also contact us by email if you are unable to wait: firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for your understanding.
Current Vacancies at Langley
We have an ongoing vacancy for Lunchtime Supervisors. Required as soon as availability allows. Apply at any time. Full information and application forms can be found here.
A very warm welcome to Langley School!
We are a primary special school for cognition and learning in North Birmingham where ‘individuals are valued for themselves and all are expected to give of their best’.
We have around 120 pupils on roll with a range of needs, including autistic spectrum condition and learning difficulties. Our highly skilled and enthusiastic staff work with the children and their individual needs to promote independence, communication and social skills. We also work closely with families in encouraging our pupils to be lifelong learners and valued members of their community.
The children play a key part in their learning. When asked about what they enjoyed doing at school, the answers ranged from ‘using the soft play and sensory room’ to ‘practical activities in topics’. They also thought that ‘practising a lot’ and ‘when we can see, touch and listen’ made it easier for them to learn.
The children evaluate their own work through the use of pictures and symbols and are keen to do well.
If you would like to find out more about what we do, you can navigate around this website using the links on the left. Please feel free to contact us for a chat or a visit, or leave a message on our Guestbook. We look forward to hearing from you!
New Things on our Web
- 22 Dec 16: Spring term diary dates.
- 22 Dec 16: Am updated list of Governing Body member committees and interests.
- 22 Dec 16: Complete update to our Foundation Department page.
- 22 Dec 16: Joint Site Newsletter.
- 22 Dec 16: Newsletter from our Friends of Langley.
- 22 Dec 16: Introducing the new Friends of Langley.
- 22 Dec 16: An update to our School Clubs page.
- 22 Dec 16: Updated information about Inclusion at our school.
- 22 Dec 16: An update of our Communication Support.
- 22 Dec 16: School Prospectus for 2016/17.
- 22 Dec 16: Updated information about our Learning Mentor.
- 22 Dec 16: Homework topics and ideas for Upper KS2.
- 22 Dec 16: New Timetable for Acers and Willows class.
- 22 Dec 16: New photographs of some of our school Staff.
- 22 Dec 16: Updated names of Lunchtime Supervisors and Bus Guides on our Staff List.
- 22 Dec 16: School Council Minutes of recent meetings.
- 01 Dec 16: A new page with a focus on our school Curriculum.
- 01 Dec 16: Recent School Newsletter and diary dates.
- 01 Dec 16: Progress headlines made since our last Ofsted inspection.
- 01 Dec 16: Five Year Strategic Visition for our Federation.
- 01 Dec 16: The Langley Child - our official Values document.
- 01 Dec 16: Self Evaluation Form and School Development Plan on our Documents page.
- Previous Updates
Our web was last updated on: 22 December, 2016