A very warm welcome to Langley School!
We are a primary special school for cognition and learning in North Birmingham where ‘individuals are valued for themselves and all are expected to give of their best’.
We have around 109 pupils on roll with a range of needs, including autistic spectrum condition and learning difficulties. Our highly skilled and enthusiastic staff work with the children and their individual needs to promote independence, communication and social skills. We also work closely with families in encouraging our pupils to be lifelong learners and valued members of their community.
The children play a key part in their learning. When asked about what they enjoyed doing at school, the answers ranged from ‘using the soft play and sensory room’ to ‘practical activities in topics’. They also thought that ‘practising a lot’ and ‘when we can see, touch and listen’ made it easier for them to learn.
The children evaluate their own work through the use of pictures and symbols and are keen to do well.
If you would like to find out more about what we do, you can navigate around this website using the links on the left. Please feel free to contact us for a chat or a visit, or leave a message on our Guestbook. We look forward to hearing from you!
New Things on our Web
- 20 Jul 15: Autumn term diary dates.
- 20 Jul 15: Updated school staff list.
- 20 Jul 15: Updated Safeguarding Policy.
- 06 Jul 15: Job Vacancy for a Lunchtime Supervisor (deadline since passed).
- 04 Jul 15: A number of new and updated school Policy documents.
- 04 Jul 15: Our Home School Agreement on our Policies and Forms page.
- 22 Jun 15: Job Vacancy for a Clerical Assistant (deadline since passed).
- Previous Updates
Our web was last updated on: 20 August, 2015