Current Vacancies at Langley
We have an ongoing vacancy for Lunchtime Supervisors. Required as soon as availability allows. Apply at any time. Full information and application forms can be found here.
A very warm welcome to Langley School!
We are a primary special school for cognition and learning in North Birmingham where ‘individuals are valued for themselves and all are expected to give of their best’.
We have around 120 pupils on roll with a range of needs, including autistic spectrum condition and learning difficulties. Our highly skilled and enthusiastic staff work with the children and their individual needs to promote independence, communication and social skills. We also work closely with families in encouraging our pupils to be lifelong learners and valued members of their community.
The children play a key part in their learning. When asked about what they enjoyed doing at school, the answers ranged from ‘using the soft play and sensory room’ to ‘practical activities in topics’. They also thought that ‘practising a lot’ and ‘when we can see, touch and listen’ made it easier for them to learn.
The children evaluate their own work through the use of pictures and symbols and are keen to do well.
If you would like to find out more about what we do, you can navigate around this website using the links on the left. Please feel free to contact us for a chat or a visit, or leave a message on our Guestbook. We look forward to hearing from you!
New Things on our Web
- 20 Jul 16: School Term Dates for 2016/17.
- 20 Jul 16: Updated school Staff List and drawings of new staff.
- 20 Jul 16: Updated list of school Governing Body members.
- 20 Jul 16: Some new and updated school and curriculum Policy documents.
- 20 Jul 16: Complaints Procedure added to our Policies page.
- 20 Jul 16: A link to school performance tables comparison website.
- 20 Jul 16: Beaufort School added to our Learning Trust page.
- 20 Jul 16: Homework topics and ideas for 2015/16 school year.
- 02 Jul 16: Details of our Sports Premium allocation and spending for 2015/16.
- Previous Updates
Our web was last updated on: 20 July, 2016